Bad Dragon at Anthrocon!

Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Bad Dragon at Anthrocon!

Postby Varka » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Yep - anthrocon has rolled around and we've set up in the dealer's room, selling toys!

here's some pics:

and me and phrost at the stall....

and an overview:

I'll update the catalog when I get a chance (ie after Kage's story hour), there's a bunch new toys (including a dragon tongue and a small-sized canine) to show you guys.

sit tight!

Varka
Varka - Bad Dragon CEO

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - John F Kennedy
Runa

Re: Bad Dragon at Anthrocon!

Postby Runa » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:12 am

I REALLY wish I could be there. looks like you've got an awesome setup there, and I love that you got some new toy models out now. was getting worried about the selection :P

can't wait to see the finished versions of the new models.
Vhisss

Postby Vhisss » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:44 am

Indeed, anticipation of high sales for you.. and MUCH traffic increase from activity there.
We all die, so go ahead and live a little. : A bunch of orders, some for myself some for others. :
Teriath

Postby Teriath » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:38 am

I didn't even know this place existed until I saw an LJ post from someone else that's at AC right now so it's working so far :P Definitely gonna be buying stuff from you soon ;3
Runa

Postby Runa » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:48 pm

who's LJ was it? maybe I know them :P
Teriath

Postby Teriath » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:00 pm

Runa wrote:who's LJ was it? maybe I know them :P

Nemmy
Runa

Postby Runa » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:31 am

Teriath wrote:
Runa wrote:who's LJ was it? maybe I know them :P

Nemmy

hmmmm, nope, don't know them. Still cool though, gave a pretty positive review.
PhrostDragon

Postby PhrostDragon » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:04 am

Ahhh, Anthrocon.. The biggest, baddest con you can be in. It was awesome.

It took much preparation for Bad Dragon, and.. Varka's shirt in those pictures, was quite relevant. ;)

Basically, on Day 1.. Things were a little slow. We made a little over half a dozen sales, but handed out lots of business cards, which were scattered on the table. Few people showed little to no interest, really.

The next two days, we were growing large crowds every ten minutes. As soon as a couple people would stop and look, that alone, would draw even more, thanks to the "What's this all about?" factor. In the end, we sold around two dozen toys. That's really hard to do, considering.. We're selling DILDOS. From a public stall, in the middle of thousands of other people.

The best part, was hearing other friends of ours not directly related to Bad Dragon, saying "There's people talking about Bad Dragon!" And then find out that they're at a food shop, 2 blocks away from AC. There were even people talking about us at a greyhound bus station, a mile away, the day after the con.

Spreading our name worked phenomenally.

Bad Dragon's debut in Anthrocon: Success.
"Gender is in the mind of the beholder when the holder can't grab the appropriate genitals."
Runa

Postby Runa » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:20 pm

so happy for you guys, Getting your start at Anthrocon was a phenomenal idea, and it seems to have paid off. Can't imagine doing any better for a relatively unknown company name. I'm admittedly surprised there hasn't been a huge surge of people on the board since Friday.

Well, people will find out somehow.
Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Postby Varka » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:02 pm

Squeeee

now I just need to get people interested in buying those toys!
Varka - Bad Dragon CEO

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - John F Kennedy
wolfy

Postby wolfy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:57 am

varka wrote:now I just need to get people interested in buying those toys!

i am very interested, but im waiting for my taxes to come back. should be in the next week or so.

PS i want to see colors before i buy ;)
Runa

Postby Runa » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:32 pm

I like the 'junior' or whatever it's called, just wish it was a bit bigger. nice shape though, and I love the belly-scales.

too bad I'm still 1200 in debt :P
Hermie

Postby Hermie » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:23 pm

I REALLY want to go to an anthrocon sometime... Maybe I'll see you guys there sometime!
Teriath

Postby Teriath » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:04 am

AC certainly did the trick :) I've already told all my friends about it and quite a few are interested in getting something eventually when they have the money. The high prices is the biggest deterrent I think but then again it is great quality stuff.
fuzzyroo

Postby fuzzyroo » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:36 am

PhrostDragon wrote:Ahhh, Anthrocon.. The biggest, baddest con you can be in. It was awesome.

It took much preparation for Bad Dragon, and.. Varka's shirt in those pictures, was quite relevant. ;)

Basically, on Day 1.. Things were a little slow. We made a little over half a dozen sales, but handed out lots of business cards, which were scattered on the table. Few people showed little to no interest, really.

The next two days, we were growing large crowds every ten minutes. As soon as a couple people would stop and look, that alone, would draw even more, thanks to the "What's this all about?" factor. In the end, we sold around two dozen toys. That's really hard to do, considering.. We're selling DILDOS. From a public stall, in the middle of thousands of other people.

The best part, was hearing other friends of ours not directly related to Bad Dragon, saying "There's people talking about Bad Dragon!" And then find out that they're at a food shop, 2 blocks away from AC. There were even people talking about us at a greyhound bus station, a mile away, the day after the con.

Spreading our name worked phenomenally.

Bad Dragon's debut in Anthrocon: Success.

by the way, i had an interesting question, but first here's this:

ok that table and set up at the con was totally awesome ^.^

it was fun to actualy "see" touch and feel what i was purchasing, look at the colors, the material, and quality and stuffs...it was really bad ass ^.^

you guys were really nice and all too, so that was a major plus.

ok, now for my question:

so...if we bought one, and told you to ship it after anthrocon, what's the time frame that we could be maybe expecting the toy to be shipped out?
Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Postby Varka » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:31 am

wolfy wrote:PS i want to see colors before i buy ;)

I will endeavor to take pictures of all the colours and put them up on the site. Where do you think would be a logical place to put them - on the bottom of every toy description page as a link, or as a colour chart on each toy page?

Runa wrote:I like the 'junior' or whatever it's called, just wish it was a bit bigger. nice shape though, and I love the belly-scales.
too bad I'm still 1200 in debt :P

Oh, the adolescent - don't worry it's plenty big - the knot is surprisingly girthy and the head has quite a nice 'pop' when it goes in...

Heh - you think YOU have no money! I'm only halfway to recovery from rock bottoming just before AC at $-7500 !

Hermie wrote:I REALLY want to go to an anthrocon sometime... Maybe I'll see you guys there sometime!

You really should - it's a total blast. I can't really think of any other place you'll get to see a [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmhQQAeRFoc"]penis copter[/url] flying around, the second coming of jesus, and more interesting people than you can shake a stick at, all in the same place at the same time.

Teriath wrote:AC certainly did the trick :) I've already told all my friends about it and quite a few are interested in getting something eventually when they have the money. The high prices is the biggest deterrent I think but then again it is great quality stuff.

Yeah, the price has always been a sore point (especially for me, having to spend so much on materials especially when starting out!)... but yeah, a toy for life. I'm going to be giving Bad Dragon points away with every purchase, which means you can get free swag like a calendar, a wristband, or a t-shirt for free in exchange for buying stuff. Here's hoping that is enough incentive...

fuzzyroo wrote:ok that table and set up at the con was totally awesome ^.^

it was fun to actualy "see" touch and feel what i was purchasing, look at the colors, the material, and quality and stuffs...it was really bad ass ^.^

I did my best to make sure we kicked a sufficient quantity of ass, and I can only be glad that I was successful in doing so :P

fuzzyroo wrote:so...if we bought one, and told you to ship it after anthrocon, what's the time frame that we could be maybe expecting the toy to be shipped out?

I'd say the best guarantee would be "in under 7 days" - things have been screwed up a little with the 4th of july holidays but I'm going to try my damnedest to ship all orders within a week of recieving them - and to give you guys tracking information so you can follow their progress across the country/world to your doorstep. I could even overnight a toy if anyone becomes realllllly desperate...

Thanks all - and I hope you don't mind my mammoth-sized reply ;P
Varka - Bad Dragon CEO

Runa

Postby Runa » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:36 am

varka wrote:
Thanks all - and I hope you don't mind my mammoth-sized reply ;P

Hey, keep up with the mammoth sized replies, it shows you have something that NO other toy developer, ESPECIALLY not one of our niche market, has. Good public relations. it shows you actually care about your fans and the consumers.

Hell, even having a forum shows that you're more in touch with your audience. Keep up the good work!
Dukey

Postby Dukey » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:25 am

In my opinion it would be best to have a colour chart on each toy description page. That way there is no confusion. You either click on the colour you want or specify in the other section.

Oh by the way great job at anthrocon I will definitely have to look for you guys next year.

Loved your shirts Varka

Dukey
An it harm none, do as you will.
If there is a reason to life tell me now, for I have yet to find the answer.
My first order from Bad Dragon, its order number is 117, just for all you halo fans out there (Me included)
chafalcar2

Postby chafalcar2 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:43 pm

Dukey wrote:In my opinion it would be best to have a colour chart on each toy description page. That way there is no confusion. You either click on the colour you want or specify in the other section.

problem being is that fails to account for monitor calibration. i know of plenty of people who wonder "why are the colours all fucked up when i print something??" when they have funky no-relation-to-reality colour configuration on their monitors. exact same thing would apply here.
Dukey

Postby Dukey » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:55 pm

Thats true didn't think about that.

Dukey
An it harm none, do as you will.
If there is a reason to life tell me now, for I have yet to find the answer.
My first order from Bad Dragon, its order number is 117, just for all you halo fans out there (Me included)

Return to “General Discussion Archive”