Imitation is the Sincerest form of Flattery...I guess.

Freon Dragon

Re: Imitation is the Sincerest form of Flattery...I guess.

Postby Freon Dragon » Sun May 10, 2009 11:03 am

Read the edited portion.

People not commenting seems like they're declining the design.
Order #11298 - Breeder - Medium, Medium (5), Custom Fade/Split, Suction Cup - Review
Talarath

Postby Talarath » Sun May 10, 2009 11:16 am

Was editting my post above to clarify :)
Check that out.

Edit:
I edit quite often.

Runa, would you mind clarifying three things?
1) Why you pointed me out for putting up a journal about EE in my FA profile?
2) What EE is 'imitating' and why you think so.
3) The point of this entire thread?
Freon Dragon

Postby Freon Dragon » Sun May 10, 2009 11:42 am

There you go. You said it yourself that BD didn't decline the design, but instead you decided to work with EE instead of BD.
It is your right BTW.

I've never seen BD actually decline a design, even if they don't like it they wait for the community's imput.
Order #11298 - Breeder - Medium, Medium (5), Custom Fade/Split, Suction Cup - Review
Runa

Postby Runa » Sun May 10, 2009 11:46 am

Talarath wrote: Runa, would you mind clarifying three things?
1) Why you pointed me out for putting up a journal about EE in my FA profile?
2) What EE is 'imitating' and why you think so.
3) The point of this entire thread?

1 - Because it was through your FA journal that I saw it, and it was the first I heard of them opening their doors. Felt it was appropriate to post here.

2 - EE's fantasy line looks a lot like our own, They 3D print, they have character art, the ordering is set up a lot like out own, and though that's all as simple as chosing the same host, it was the art that made me scratch my head.

Varka Full.jpg

frostwyvern_5.jpg

You can't tell me the styles aren't similar, down to the outline and background, as well as the pose and the overall feel of the picture. I'm not saying it's bad, I did say it's the sincerest form of flattery, and you can't deny that's not meant to look a lot like NArse Art....and there's nothing wrong with that, artists get their inspiration from other artists all the time! No need to get defensive over that...

3 - Like I said in the first point, it was to gain awareness of Exotic erotics, and I also wanted to point out that I felt there were a lot of similarities between our own marketing styles and your own.

No need to go on the defensive all the time.
SemJay

Postby SemJay » Sun May 10, 2009 11:47 am

Honestly, I think the "life cast" thing is pretty god dang creepy!
Have a question about your order?
Please submit a ticket: http://contact.bad-dragon.com/

Sema JayNaux "SemJay"
Proud creator of Bruiser the Fusion!
Runa

Postby Runa » Sun May 10, 2009 11:52 am

Well, not everyone's into silicone horse dick! Can't say I blame em, as I said, we all have our niches. we focus on Fantasy toys, EE should focus on the livecasts, and Zeta should focus on Canines as well as other 'real' animals.

so long as we all get our own chunk of the pie, there's no harm no foul. as soon as we all start stepping on each other's toes, there will be a war!
Talarath

Postby Talarath » Sun May 10, 2009 12:04 pm

EE's fantasy line looks a lot like our own, They 3D print, they have character art, the ordering is set up a lot like out own, and though that's all as simple as chosing the same host, it was the art that made me scratch my head.

Fantasy line? Its one toy :P Soon we're adding more, but the one we're waiting on doesnt look like any of BD's.
Also, I don't even go into the suggestion forum at all anymore, minus for the 3 things I posted earlier in this thread. I do not want any designs from BD influencing my own.

As for 3d printing, it's more economical and time saving offloading it to me. I got time to kill, I know how to do 3d modeling and I do it for free. If anything needs changing, it takes all but a few seconds/minutes.

Ordering, yes. That will be globally similiar unless EE custom made their checkout. BD uses a shopping cart (litecommerce). EE uses one as well (zencart). They need to fulfill the exact same thing, so they'd have to be similar.

Characters art -.- Again, the frost wyvern pic I got myself. I did not get permission from zeeb or even ask. Future models likely WONT have character art, atleast not officially. Future models I do myself entirely may have art, but it all depends on if I have the money.

You can't tell me the styles aren't similar, down to the outline and background, as well as the pose and the overall feel of the picture. I'm not saying it's bad, I did say it's the sincerest form of flattery, and you can't deny that's not meant to look a lot like NArse Art....and there's nothing wrong with that, artists get their inspiration from other artists all the time! No need to get defensive over that..

If you read back, I posted my messages to amyth about my commission. I let him go with the design of the character and only give him a basic pose to go with. I didn't give anything more.
I also dont remember BD's artwork, except for the fusion, the drippy, the gryphon and the breeder. Had I known it was so similar to the varka one, I would have asked for a pose change.

As for the background, I can agree its similar in the abstract way, but does it look like a snow flake but frosty? AKA frost wyvern? :)

No need to go on the defensive all the time.

Honestly, with you I feel I do. We both know we dislike each other, and then coming on here and calling me "poster-child Talarath"? Seems like an attack.
Last edited by Talarath on Sun May 10, 2009 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SemJay

Postby SemJay » Sun May 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Runa wrote:Well, not everyone's into silicone horse dick! Can't say I blame em, as I said, we all have our niches. we focus on Fantasy toys, EE should focus on the livecasts, and Zeta should focus on Canines as well as other 'real' animals.

so long as we all get our own chunk of the pie, there's no harm no foul. as soon as we all start stepping on each other's toes, there will be a war!

I don't mind the Zeta toys or toys based on real animals - just the thought of some poor dog or horse sitting their getting it's penis casted doesn't really turn me on.
Have a question about your order?
Please submit a ticket: http://contact.bad-dragon.com/

Sema JayNaux "SemJay"
Proud creator of Bruiser the Fusion!
Runa

Postby Runa » Sun May 10, 2009 12:55 pm

Talarath wrote: Honestly, with you I feel I do. We both know we dislike each other, and then coming on here and calling me "poster-child Talarath"? Seems like an attack.

So that's an attack? You're the poster boy, I've never heard anyone ever talk about EE (or BB5T as they were known before), as much as you do. you're on Yiffstar, BD, the BD chat, FurAffinnity, always advertising. I'd call that a poster child as much as my own personal whoring of Bad Dragon...I was equating what you do for EE to what I do bor BD...if you find that an attack, then I Call you paranoid.
red5hirt

Postby red5hirt » Sun May 10, 2009 1:01 pm

If I recall correctly, BigSexToyStore used to sell the silicone casts before BB5T took it over. From the descriptions, it just looks like they're selling their own toys now. In other words, EE has always "existed" but only as a supplier and not a retailer.

As far as the art goes, BD forums should be the last place for this kinda discussion :lol: Just remember, there's no such thing as "copyrighting" a post. I'm sure frequent readers of FA journals and forums will know that this issue has been brought up countless times. :geek:
Talarath

Postby Talarath » Sun May 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Runa wrote:
Talarath wrote: Honestly, with you I feel I do. We both know we dislike each other, and then coming on here and calling me "poster-child Talarath"? Seems like an attack.

So that's an attack? You're the poster boy, I've never heard anyone ever talk about EE (or BB5T as they were known before), as much as you do. you're on Yiffstar, BD, the BD chat, FurAffinnity, always advertising. I'd call that a poster child as much as my own personal whoring of Bad Dragon...I was equating what you do for EE to what I do bor BD...if you find that an attack, then I Call you paranoid.

I've never heard the term poster-boy used in any such context before, so with you saying that and the way the original post is swinging it did look like an attack.

I've also never advertised EE here on the BD forums.
I never directly advertised EE on the BD chat room either, people were curious as to why I wanted to talk to 2 people and they figured it out.
FA and YS yes, since im active on both.

I also have my reasons for the amount of advertising I do, however, I will say that I'm still not working with EE or get paid. That reason is for my own personal gain.
Anonymousdragon101

Gone

Postby Anonymousdragon101 » Sun May 10, 2009 1:51 pm

Last edited by Anonymousdragon101 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talarath

Postby Talarath » Sun May 10, 2009 2:01 pm

Dragonslorefury wrote:No offence Talarath (as I rarely know you and therefore can't make a fair judgement on your character) but right now you're the one who is putting me off of EE and Runa is the one whose actually making me interested in EE.

I'm sure you have your reasons for being so..blunt in addressing this point but the way that you're presenting yourself doesn't exactly offer the best publicity to EE.

Meanwhile Runa has made a fair few compliments to EE, made a few observations kept being rather polite and good mannered in the situation.

Also poster boy isn't an insult, at least not as far as I know.

Just my two cents.

Oh? How am I putting you off?
As far as I can see, I've been level-headed in my responses and simply defending my statements.
Anonymousdragon101

Gone

Postby Anonymousdragon101 » Sun May 10, 2009 2:05 pm

Last edited by Anonymousdragon101 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talarath

Postby Talarath » Sun May 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Dragonslorefury wrote:
Talarath wrote:
Dragonslorefury wrote:No offence Talarath (as I rarely know you and therefore can't make a fair judgement on your character) but right now you're the one who is putting me off of EE and Runa is the one whose actually making me interested in EE.

I'm sure you have your reasons for being so..blunt in addressing this point but the way that you're presenting yourself doesn't exactly offer the best publicity to EE.

Meanwhile Runa has made a fair few compliments to EE, made a few observations kept being rather polite and good mannered in the situation.

Also poster boy isn't an insult, at least not as far as I know.

Just my two cents.

Oh? How am I putting you off?
As far as I can see, I've been level-headed in my responses and simply defending my statements.

I guess you've come off to me as being rather abrupt and quick to jump to the most negative conclusion.

But then again I might be misinterpriting, like I said I don't know you very well from previous topics so I can't really make a judgement beyond this topic. The web is also no substitute for face-to-face conversations so I can only try and guess your tone and manner.
It's just the way it has seemed to have come off for me.
:oops:

Rather than give the whole history, if this thread had been posted by anyone else, I would have only posted that the commission was a personal one like the others ones I've gotten.
You could ask just about anyone who has been around since november that i'm not exactly buds with runa...

IceKitten: I do the same. The journal is deleted, but on FA someone posted a journal looking for adult toys. I gave all 3 candidates and their pros and cons. Zeta, BD and EE. I have no problem suggesting any of the three, I'll just plug my wyvern from EE more since I did create it.
Also, read above as to the poster-boy thing.
Runa

Postby Runa » Sun May 10, 2009 2:30 pm

And that is bias. I know you don't like me, and it's no secret that I don't like you, but I work here, it would be incredibly unprofessional of me to bring our on retarded rivalry to people who don't know or care.

Maybe you should do the same...

That being said, I STILL Want to know why you don't like me...the only reason I can imagine makes no sense...
Talarath

Postby Talarath » Sun May 10, 2009 2:40 pm

I know there is atleast one shot you took at me on the forum, but as that doesn't pertain to the thread, I'll leave that out.

And that is bias.

In which way? Me suggesting companies or toys? If its latter, I'll just try to get the person to consider my toy :P
For the former, I suggest all 3 companies. Zeta for price or the dog toys, BD for a bigger selection of fantasy types and EE for live-casts and my frost wyvern.

If thats not the way for bias you were talking about, could you clarify?

That being said, I STILL Want to know why you don't like me...the only reason I can imagine makes no sense...

I think I told you before, maybe not... but I'll pm you as to why.

One final thing, this will be my last post in this thread.
Ashendra

Postby Ashendra » Sun May 10, 2009 2:46 pm

wow, drama.

talarath, you are seeming to rub it in bad dragon's face. just dont bitch at me for saying so
The alien mother of the Faerie Dragon, at your nonsexual service.
Runa

Postby Runa » Sun May 10, 2009 3:06 pm

The bias was against me...automatically jumping to conclusions based on who it is. it's a form of bias, even though bias isn't the right term.

Yeah, enough drama, this thread is about Exotic Erotics, not Talarath.
Deacon

Postby Deacon » Sun May 10, 2009 3:24 pm

As someone who has been molded using the same technique as the EE toys, I can personally say that the process is quick and entirely pain free. The worse part is holding an erection for the time required, and that's not a problem for horses. Rest assured that the process would easly pass an IACUC review (which is what an university, government, or research agency needs to go through to use any animals for any purpose, and is incredibly difficult to get through). I have absolutely no reservations about being remolded, or having my four legged friends molded. Its hardly an erotic process, but the result for both the model and the people using the toys is well worth it.

Again, the process is pain free, non-toxic, and in no way damages the animals (or people), even temporarily. I've done it, and from what I see EE has several human molded toys available. There has been talk that the problem isn't giving the horses their erection, but preventing them from ejaculating before the mold is done!

Return to “General Discussion Archive”