Frustration...

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
firedhusky

Frustration...

Postby firedhusky » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:23 am

I have 2 orders in... if i knew from the get go that it will take MONTHS to fulfill up front and BEFORE ordering... I would be much happier than to have to discover this by digging into the website and forums.

There is no excuse for poor customer service...

When customers put an order should be made aware that:
it will take MONTHS to get their toys... (put order 1 month ago, still no update at all!!! not even in the queue)
that if you open a ticket, will take weeks to get answered... or even looked at.
Most frustrating, that you have to get digging into the site and forums to discover all this.

If it takes months to fullfill an order, state it before people put their money in ! There is no bad with an order taking time to process and execute, after all this are hand made products.
BUT !
The key is be up front with it ! So your customers don't have false expectations of a reasonable delivery date.

Just be honest with your customers and tell them what to expect without them having to read your entire site to discover what is going on after they put an order !

just my 2 cents.

Fire.
bladejtr

Re: Frustration...

Postby bladejtr » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:30 am

From the FAQ on the main site, no digging required:

How long does an order take to make/ship?

Every order is unique and we hand-make every single one of our toys specifically to your customizations, so since there are no pre-made toys, they are all subject to a manufacture lineup. More popular toys and sizes are naturally subject to a longer line, and therefore longer wait time. Under ideal conditions, we can sometimes have your order made and shipped within a week or two, but more commonly, orders take 3-5 weeks to make and ship, anything longer than that is rare. If your order has taken longer than 5 weeks to make and ship, feel free to contact us to confirm your order hasn't vanished! Wait times can be unpleasant, but we strive to give the absolute best product we can to every customer, so please be patient with us, the wait will be well worth it. There are no guarantees when it comes to manufacture/shipping times but we promise to do all we can to make sure your order is made quickly and accurately while maintaining the best quality standards.
We are currently experiencing delays on the Gryphon, Unflared Chance, Razor and Cockatrice toys. Sorry for the inconvenience; we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Please note the part in bold.
current wishlist:
Considering an XL Gryphon

:glomp: :glomp: :glomp:
I dunno about the rest of you, but this smiley is not a glomp imo.
It is surprise buttsex.
The best kind of buttsex.
bladejtr

Postby bladejtr » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:35 am

Oh, and while I'm pointing you to important information, here's something else that you might need to see:

VII. Order Questions, Complaints and Concerns

-Please direct all order related questions to Bad Dragon Directly.

-If you have a specific question, concern or problem with your order - do not post about it on the forums.

-Please contact us via the ticketing system first (tickets can take up to 72 hours to be answered), and if that fails, please contact SemJay directly via email. DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES TO STAFF MEMBERS ABOUT ORDERS!

-Posts related to order problems will be locked or removed. Posting about an order problem on the forums will not speed up it's resolution.

They're not going to answer your order questions on the forums, they never do.

Also, check out this link, it tells you how to contact them further if tickets aren't working:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12389

And finally, this sub-forum is for discussion of the new website that isn't yet implemented, it's in Beta. The section you're looking for is the help/questions/how to subform.
current wishlist:

It is surprise buttsex.
Ekane

Postby Ekane » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:51 am

My soon to grow collection :
David the Werewolf - Medium - 3 - Cumtube
The Seadragon - Medium - 5/3 - Cumtube [I ♥ Flops]
The Tentacle - Medium - 5 - Bought from vinlem
Bruiser the Fusion - Med - 5 - Cumtube - SURPRISE ME!
Natascha the Anthro Husky - SURPRISE ME!
Anthro Dragon - Small - 5 - bought from BlazeHusky

“Fear,” Jason said, “can make you do more wrong than hate or jealousy. If you're afraid you don’t commit yourself to life completely; fear makes you always, always hold something back.”

__Philip K. Dick - Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said
ruffruffwolf

Postby ruffruffwolf » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:53 am

Time for Ruff to be an asshole.

OH NOES A WHOLE MOOOOOOOOONTH! That's not monthSSSSSS like you are complaining. Did you expect for a COMPLETELY CUSTOM HAND MADE TOY to be done and on your doorstep in like a week? Especially from a small company? A small company that had a major friend/co-worker just die (that's right on the front page too). Blade already pointed out everything, while they should update their wait times on their main site, they also warn that is can take LONGER than 3-5 weeks.

There are people who have waited 2, 3, sometimes more months and they are raising less of a bitchfest than you are.

Please, if you are having issues, contact the dragons themselves. There is a reason there is a nice CONTACT US link at the top of the site.

/end
Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Postby Varka » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:14 pm

Heya Firedhusky,

I understand your frustration; the long wait times is something we really don't want to have either - and we're growing in capacity as fast as we can.

Unfortunately, it's often the case for us that as soon as we get our wait times down, we get a huge flood of orders from people excited that they don't have to wait so long for their toy - which, of course, brings the wait times back on up.

We're provisioning new manufacturing capacity (as well as improvements to our processes for getting stuff completed quickly, and ensuring no orders fall through the cracks) as fast as we can, but unfortunately these things take time.

Regarding communicating wait times, I agree they need to be more prominent; in recent months we've put it in the FAQ (and Terms of Sale, which you have to agree to in order to order from us), but I hope with our new website we'll be able to make it even clearer by offering a manufacture time estimate as soon as you put an item into your cart.

This, combined with having 'off the shelf' toys available for quick dispatch, will I think help improve things for people like you who (quite rightly) aren't happy their toys are taking a fucking age to get made and shipped.

Unfortunately, we *do* custom make our toys, which does have disadvantages versus keeping stock in terms of lead times, so it's unavoidable to a certain stage. Of course, there's always more we can do to try and improve things (which we're trying).

RuffusRuffWolf, this is your first and final warning about personal attacks on the forums. Do not use that tone in future - even if these concerns are meant to go through proper channels (such as the contact form), there's no call to personally attack and belittle someone for it.

Thanks,

Varka
Varka - Bad Dragon CEO

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - John F Kennedy
Neokolzia

Postby Neokolzia » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:55 pm

I'd like to add voice on this, as I'm in a time crisis and maybe getting your "varka" or another higher ups attention may help escalate this issue of mine as my toy has finally been moved into Manufacturing, Though this was done before my 7 week old ticket was addressed, I have since a week ago, combined my Tickets into a single ticket.

I've followed the procedures with Emails, Waited with Sema, then Emailed Varka and Forwarded to Sema, Then waited no Reply, and now have been placed in Manufacturing queue, so now worried that my Ticket issues will be unaddressed, I've emailed Management given that Varka hasn't responded either, and have forwarded to both Sema and Varka.

I can accept the lengthy time it is taking to get my Toy produced, that is fine, but what I'm having difficulty accepting is the lack of customer service as I've had 7-8 week old tickets that have been ignored regardless of emails sent to address them.

For details since I imagine my Forum handle doesn't get anything and likely any PM's will be lost in translation;

Ticket#

I've summed it all up in a Urgent Ticket;

TLR-825-71318
or the older one
KDB-768-75761
Have:
- (L) Gryphon (5)~ Suction Cup ~Custom Fade/Split
- (XL)Gryphon (5)~ Suction Cup ~Custom Fade/Split~ Cumtube
- (XL) Nox (5)~ Custom Fade/Split+Sloppy Seconds~ Cum Tube
- (L Legacy) Chance (8)~Custom Marble+Base~Cum Tube
- Natascha Surprise me
firedhusky

Postby firedhusky » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:01 pm

ruffruffwolf wrote:Time for Ruff to be an asshole.

OH NOES A WHOLE MOOOOOOOOONTH! That's not monthSSSSSS like you are complaining. Did you expect for a COMPLETELY CUSTOM HAND MADE TOY to be done and on your doorstep in like a week? Especially from a small company? A small company that had a major friend/co-worker just die (that's right on the front page too). Blade already pointed out everything, while they should update their wait times on their main site, they also warn that is can take LONGER than 3-5 weeks.

There are people who have waited 2, 3, sometimes more months and they are raising less of a bitchfest than you are.

Please, if you are having issues, contact the dragons themselves. There is a reason there is a nice CONTACT US link at the top of the site.

/end

I would love to discuss this with you in person.
ruffruffwolf

Postby ruffruffwolf » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:06 pm

firedhusky wrote:

/end

I would love to discuss this with you in person.

In person, eh? I'd rather not waste my time. <3
firedhusky

Postby firedhusky » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Varka,

Thank you for your response. All people want is an email "we haven't forgot you.. we are working on it" or you are number X in the queue. Something... if asked to open a ticket, someone needs to answer those. (btw, i did open a ticket and yet without a response to it).

I did not read all the terms of services as suggested by previous users, but who does (did anyone on this forum read any term of service ?? like..your windows or mac terms of service when you bought your pc ? I didn't think so ! , but yet the answer is there.. mia culpa. I assumed it will take a while, but just came to me as a bucket of cold water that it will take this long and that no one would answer customers asking about their status of their order.

Customers are not aware of what is really going on behind the curtains, just have to let them know by email for example... hey we are late, sorry... your thing will be ready in X amount of time.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Thank you again for answering my post with flawless diplomacy.

Fire.

PS: if you ever stop by the west coast, will be happy to invite you a beer.
bladejtr

Postby bladejtr » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:38 pm

I read the ToS of every thing I agree to, the whole way through.

It's only a matter of time before someone puts something in a ToS that no one reads, and gets away with something crazy, like taking your money... oh wait, paypal...
current wishlist:

It is surprise buttsex.
theGhostWolfe

Postby theGhostWolfe » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:11 am

firedhusky wrote:I did not read all the terms of services as suggested by previous users, but who does?

Your willful ignorance of information provided to you isn't a customer service fault of the company. The information was there, I don't think it's fair to say that the company has done wrong by you if you chose not to read a vital, legal document before clicking "agree".

/ghost
Therian

#12463 Classic Adolescent (5/Dark Natural)-- ADOPTED
#13333 Tailstretcher (Med/8/Xenogon Dark Natural)
#14761 Breeder (Sml/5/Custom Dark Natural)
#85424 Karabos (Sml/5/Custom Karabos Light Natural)
#85818 Tentacle (Med/3/Flop) -- FOR SALE

WISHLIST: a Faerie and a werewolf packy in custom natural highlight/split.

Full version of my avatar on Deviant Art
jmay

Postby jmay » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:30 pm

Just because your are aware of and vocal about the fact that you are being an anus is no excuse to be one.

ruffruffwolf wrote:Did you expect for a COMPLETELY CUSTOM HAND MADE TOY to be done and on your doorstep in like a week?

Why are you making excuses for the problems? Yes, there is a real reason that the toys are taking for-goddamned-ever to be made, but a problem is a problem. No need to shoo it under the bed and lash out at those who question it.

People have every right to be pissed. I ordered a Rigdeback in early 2010, and it probably took a week to go to manufacturing queue, another week to ship. I ordered a Fusion 3 weeks ago, and I knew that it was supposed to take around 6 weeks to ship. But I found out today that it may take multiple months. To be honest, I feel like I have been lied to. I'm not on the forum complaining, but that is just because I am the patient type. However, the OP is very right. Something needs to be done to make the customer more aware of problems like these. I shouldn't have to be an active member of a forum to get information like this.
ruffruffwolf

Postby ruffruffwolf » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:41 pm

jmay wrote:

Just because your are aware of and vocal about the fact that you are being an anus is no excuse to be one.

ruffruffwolf wrote:Did you expect for a COMPLETELY CUSTOM HAND MADE TOY to be done and on your doorstep in like a week?

Why are you making excuses for the problems? Yes, there is a real reason that the toys are taking for-goddamned-ever to be made, but a problem is a problem. No need to shoo it under the bed and lash out at those who question it.

People have every right to be pissed. I ordered a Rigdeback in early 2010, and it probably took a week to go to manufacturing queue, another week to ship. I ordered a Fusion 3 weeks ago, and I knew that it was supposed to take around 6 weeks to ship. But I found out today that it may take multiple months. To be honest, I feel like I have been lied to. I'm not on the forum complaining, but that is just because I am the patient type. However, the OP is very right. Something needs to be done to make the customer more aware of problems like these. I shouldn't have to be an active member of a forum to get information like this.

Read the TOS. Read the FAQ. Read the forums. Do your research. Don't assume. Also, BD is a much much bigger company (in terms of demand) than they were in 2010.
jmay

Postby jmay » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:15 pm

ruffruffwolf wrote:Read the TOS. Read the FAQ. Read the forums. Do your research. Don't assume. Also, BD is a much much bigger company (in terms of demand) than they were in 2010.

That's just it, I did. And I was well aware of the supposed 6 week wait time. However, only after becoming active once again on the forums and three weeks of posting did I find out about this 2 or 3 month business. That is unacceptable.
Shandrel

Postby Shandrel » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Wait times suck... shit happens, people have to wait.. for custom made to specifications yah'll set out with... but well here's MY two sense. First off.... stop feeling the troll... second... Haters gonna hate... and third... give how big of a BD supporter I Am.... this is the NICEST image i have for you.

1255989887428.jpg
don't like it.... well here's a suggestion
1255989887428.jpg (24.93 KiB) Viewed 3318 times
Used to be: Patron Saint of Orphaned and Unwanted Dildo's
I stole a Mousie... and i like it..4/27/12
Bad Dragon checklist No longer updated.
Jos's art
ruffruffwolf

Postby ruffruffwolf » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:11 pm

jmay wrote:
ruffruffwolf wrote:Read the TOS. Read the FAQ. Read the forums. Do your research. Don't assume. Also, BD is a much much bigger company (in terms of demand) than they were in 2010.

That's just it, I did. And I was well aware of the supposed 6 week wait time. However, only after becoming active once again on the forums and three weeks of posting did I find out about this 2 or 3 month business. That is unacceptable.

Three months is a bit of an exaggeration. Most orders are taking about 6 weeks. I ordered a fusion (a very popular model) when it first came out. Hit MQ in less than a month and was in MQ for under a week. Even with most toys taking about two weeks in MQ. 4+2 = 6. 6 =/= 8 =/= 12. In Sema's post the math is similar. 3 + 3 = 6. Not 8. Not 12. Math is fun!
It's not really unacceptable. I mean, look at zeta. They are about the same size (if not bigger) and their wait times are about 6 months to a year. 2 months (max if shit sucks) isn't terrible.
MidnightStorm

Postby MidnightStorm » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:59 pm

jmay wrote:

Jmay, it's very important to note here that what you hear happening, and what is actually going to happen to you, are likely two very different things. Yes, there are people having issues who have turned to the forums as a vent for their issues. Yes, they have legitimate issues. Yes, the wait times, for those people, have been very lengthy. But, when you really look at things, those people number around 10, likely less. If you REALLY want to be generous, call it 20. People who have issues are going to speak the loudest for obvious reasons--they have issues and they need to be heard. However, this says nothing for the hundreds of other orders that Bad Dragon goes through. All of those people got their orders in a very reasonable time. The vast majority of them unwrapped their dildos, said a silent prayer to the god of Sex Toys in thanks that everything went well, and went to town. Most people don't post on the forums just to say; "Thanks for the great dildo, guys!" and if they do, the threads are quickly pushed to the bottom because problems take the greatest priority around here--and are the most ripe for drama.

To both Jmay and the original poster, do not assume that everything is going to Hell in a handbasket before it actually has. We're all a little antsy about our orders--a lot is going wrong and we're all hearing that, especially those of us who are active around here. However, it's not fair to start assuming when BD hasn't given you specifically any reason not to trust them. If my next order takes an exceedingly long time, then yes, I will have reason to be a bit suspicious of BD next time around. However, as of right now all my orders have gone fantastically, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Own: Large Karabos, Medium Fusion, Medium Cockatrice, Anthro Husky
Waiting On: Medium Breeder (MQ 11/30)
jmay

Postby jmay » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:35 am

@Ruff
I'm not talking about the wait times. I'm talking about the fact that they may be a hell of a lot longer than advertised.

@MidnightStorm
I hope you are right. I'm not unaware of the fact that the internet is the world's complaint box. Some of us just aren't that into this community, and it is hard to know exactly what is going on.

I never said I lost faith in BD, just that there are a few issues that I know that they know about.
xanthfrog

Postby xanthfrog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:39 am

i was one of the people ,who started getting restless after my toy spent a month
in processing.so i ticketed.
after spending 35 days in processing ,my toy was manufactured and shipped in 72 hours.
under the six week mark.
i feel like an ass for complaining.
but i panicked a bit ,when i assumed he would spend as long in mnq as he spent
in processing .
i closed my ticket when he entered mnq.
i will receive him sometime this week.

i should have remembered--assume --makes an ass out of you and me.
BAD DRAGON i apologize,for being impatient.
xanthfrog
and thank you for recreating the Christmas morning feeling with every order.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”