New Cumlube Recipe

Hop in the history machine, and visit where news goes when it's no longer... well, new! Here you can find past sales, old website updates, and discontinued product information.
Sirkowskii

Re: New Cumlube Recipe

Postby Sirkowskii » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:02 pm

PinstripePython wrote:Is that why I keep getting UTI's? I should sue you BD, I nearly died because it spread to my kidneys! Not even joking there, had no clue it could have been the lube, hope this one is less dangerous. I have a very sensitive system, there really should be some manner of warning on the label or something.
Just got a new bottle and have a few more on the way with toys I have ordered, love the new label, far more discrete and sleek, that I like, haven't opened it yet as I have two bottles of the old stuff to use up but I may now retire it or give it to a friend as I have just now found out that this is what has been causing the stream of UTI's I have been having on almost a monthly occurrence, seriously with the worst one I was in hospital for a week, IV antibiotics, fluids, the lot. :psyduck:

Im so sorry that you had to go through all of that because of the lube :<. I came close to where you were, my doctors had advised me to go to the hospital because of how serious it was but i declined and just decided to wait to see if it cleared up (cause I'm a dumb stupid stubborn as all hell person). luckily it didn't spread to my kidneys but i did have horrific pains in my bits for 2+ weeks.

I have to agree that there should be some sort of warning on the labels when it concerns people with sensitive systems and who are biologically female there. last i checked there wasn't something there or on the site.

the constant stream of UTI's worries me...because i've had a few problems like that a few months ago when they would come every few weeks (and im very careful when it comes to cleaning and staying sanitary, they've stopped since i threw out the lube and flushed my system for good measure).

although this does raise a few other questions...my friend gets UTI's quite often as well, but she uses the clear cum lube and now im wondering if the two might go hand in hand...but last i knew the clear didn't cause as much problems.
Just your average human princess here. Nothing to see. Move along now.
Sitahl

Postby Sitahl » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:24 pm

Guys, it's NOT titanium dioxide that gives UTIs, it's the parabens (reason for them not being in new formula). There are a couple informative articles around that are easy to find about the parabens used, which can explain why they are being taken out. Believe it or not, Wikipedia's page on this is actually true (double checked it using other articles).

My main concern is they replaced body sensitive UTI inducing ingredients with an allergic reaction causing one, which allergies are more common than paraben sensitivity. It scares me.
Deep-Fried Lutefisk

Postby Deep-Fried Lutefisk » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:42 pm

TeOzMaC wrote:My main concern is they replaced body sensitive UTI inducing ingredients with an allergic reaction causing one, which allergies are more common than paraben sensitivity. It scares me.

Aww crap. I'm one of those people who's allergic to everything so, knowing my luck, I'd probably react to it XD Oh well, can't please everyone. At least there's still the clear stuff :fap:
Kith

Postby Kith » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:54 pm

I'm seeing citric acid allergy listed as "rare," but I'm not finding any concrete percentage of the population, so I can't say for sure that this is a larger problem than the parabens have been. Most of the sources I'm finding on adverse reactions to citric acid have to do with an intolerance when ingested, which wouldn't apply here.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
Willow

Postby Willow » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:52 pm

Yeah, some foods contain titanium dioxide... so, I wouldn't worry about that ingredient.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
Sitahl

Postby Sitahl » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:26 pm

Kith wrote:I'm seeing citric acid allergy listed as "rare," but I'm not finding any concrete percentage of the population, so I can't say for sure that this is a larger problem than the parabens have been. Most of the sources I'm finding on adverse reactions to citric acid have to do with an intolerance when ingested, which wouldn't apply here.

The body can absorb it....lol....citric intolerance is different from citric allergies...intolerance is ingesting essentially while allergy deals with coming in contact or even smelling/seeing the substance (can include ingesting). Allergies are way more common than intolerances....except lactose intolerances.

The paraben situation is in-of-itself a rare situation as most of us humans are not very sensitive to it, however genetic makeup can lead to being either more/less sensitive to it.
Kith

Postby Kith » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:47 pm

I know the difference between an intolerance and an allergy; that's why I noted the difference in the literature I was finding, and the incidence of allergy vs. intolerance depends on the substance. For example, gluten intolerance is much more common than an actual allergy, whereas things like pollen are the reverse. Also, isn't a genetic component relevant to all allergies and sensitivities? >..>

Anyway, we don't know which of the ingredients is more problematic without knowing the percentage of the population who would have negative reactions to each of them. One can assume that because citric acid is now being used, it's been judged less likely to be a problem, so hopefully that's the case.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Sitahl

Postby Sitahl » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:03 pm

Genetics can cause most allergies/intolerances....but you can get some from your body changing. Example: my sister used to be able to drink orange juice, but now she can't and gets a rash all over her body jist from smelling it. Weird, right?

I just don't want bad stuff to happen to anyone or BD...I was the same back with the use of parabens, only never mentioned it. I'm really concerned about it from prior experience/witnessing similar situations.
Kith

Postby Kith » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:19 pm

*nod* True. We'll see as things progress, I suppose.

Conrad

Postby Conrad » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:03 pm

Loving the new consistency. Certainly seems to last a great deal longer than the old recipe you guys had. Took it for a spin with my new Dukebutt earlier. Needed only one application, and it stayed slick and smooth for the entire session, whereas before I'd have to stop and reapply a good three or so times just to sop the insides chafing and catching.

These UTI complaints sound horrendous. I've been clear of any so far, lets hope it stays that way!

Keep up the good work, BD.
Toy Count: 44
Kith

Postby Kith » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Conrad wrote:These UTI complaints sound horrendous. I've been clear of any so far, lets hope it stays that way!

They're much more of a problem to people with vaginas. The urethra is shorter, and thus it's easier for bacteria and other things to get to a place where they can hole up and breed. It's much rarer for them to do so with a penis due to the longer tube and ejaculation tending to expel anything that gets up in there in the first place, but it does happen sometimes. Don't think I've seen a report of it here, though.

sapphire

Postby sapphire » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Kith wrote:
Conrad wrote:These UTI complaints sound horrendous. I've been clear of any so far, lets hope it stays that way!

They're much more of a problem to people with vaginas. The urethra is shorter, and thus it's easier for bacteria and other things to get to a place where they can hole up and breed. It's much rarer for them to do so with a penis due to the longer tube and ejaculation tending to expel anything that gets up in there in the first place, but it does happen sometimes. Don't think I've seen a report of it here, though.

This is why it is important for women especially to urinate afterwards. It really helps and a lot of people don't know that. I didn't know for quite a long while and somehow managed to avoid any UTIs. :mystery: I guess I am not as susceptible but I don't let that stop me from doing my business after toying nowadays.

I am definitely interested in seeing how this new recipe fairs. I'm not very knowledgeable on what ingredients could potentially cause UTI and which are vagina friendly. I hardly know anything about parabens other than the fact some people are sensitive to it? I managed to use the old white cum lube just fine so I hope I'm not allergic or sensitive to anything in this new one because I'd like to try it at some point :tinfoil:
DaveThePangolin

Postby DaveThePangolin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:34 am

Hey everyone!

Saw that a few people had some concerns, so I wanted to pop in here real quick.

First off, I'm sorry if anyone had a negative experience using our products. We always strive for excellence any time we do something, and our Cumlube is no exception. We had been hearing some complaints regarding the viscosity and consistency of our previous formulation, and have been hard at work at the new one.

Some of you will have received our new Cumlube formula to try out, and I'm glad to hear so many positive results!

As with all of our products, we make the Cumlube using high-quality materials and we strive to ensure that it is safe to use. However, everyone is built differently and some people don't react the same way as others. It's why we urge cleanliness when using our toys and products, both before and after.

We do want to stress that, should you encounter any health issues when using our products, please contact a physician for treatment. This is not only true for Bad Dragon products, but for any adult product you use.

That being said, I look forward to seeing how this new formula stacks up with the old!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Sitahl

Postby Sitahl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:31 pm

I'm still worried as you can have something wrong and not know it until it's serious...or even worse (ah!).
Conrad

Postby Conrad » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Update on Lube use. I gave my brand-new XL Naga a run today. Aside from being one of the smoothest toys I've ever had, I could feel the difference in the consistency and texture of the lube as I was using him. Needed only -one- application, and I ended up just gliding over him! Very impressed. Huge improvement over the old recipe (At least in my mind!)
Conrad

Postby Conrad » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:42 pm

DocOctavia wrote:That's amazing, to be able to use an XL with only one lube application!

I was surprised too! Granted, I don't want to blow it out of proportion. I used just enough to cover the toy, a little for myself, and he just slithered (Heh..) in quite comfortably! It also helps that Vasu tapers wonderfully. (I'll save those details for a proper review though.)

Still, only one application! Not sure i want to finish off my older bottles now!
The Truth Teller

Postby The Truth Teller » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:48 pm

Kith wrote:

I can verify as male UTIs are still ungodly terrible...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to Bad Dragon for being so kind and Helpful to me throughout the years!!

Wishlist: XL Spritz Soft, XL Tucker Soft, L Cole Soft, Xl Roland Soft, XL Gryphon Soft

Owns: -XL Nova, -XL Xar, XL Nocturne, -XL David, -XL Chance, -XL Naga, -XL Winston, -XL Cole, -XL Spritz, -XL Chance, XL Rex, -Large Legacy Chance, -Large Ridgeback, -Large Dolphin, -Large Water-Horse, -Large Razor, -Another Large Razor, -Large Rex, -Large Bruiser, -Legacy Janine and 1 -Medium Water-Horse (What a mouthful..)
The Truth Teller

Postby The Truth Teller » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:50 pm

DocOctavia wrote:That's amazing, to be able to use an XL with only one lube application!

About the UTIs.... make sure you all are taking care of yourselves. I once got a bad UTI, but now I know how to take care of myself properly.

No joke, have taken XL David with 0 lube applications before...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to Bad Dragon for being so kind and Helpful to me throughout the years!!

Wishlist: XL Spritz Soft, XL Tucker Soft, L Cole Soft, Xl Roland Soft, XL Gryphon Soft

Owns: -XL Nova, -XL Xar, XL Nocturne, -XL David, -XL Chance, -XL Naga, -XL Winston, -XL Cole, -XL Spritz, -XL Chance, XL Rex, -Large Legacy Chance, -Large Ridgeback, -Large Dolphin, -Large Water-Horse, -Large Razor, -Another Large Razor, -Large Rex, -Large Bruiser, -Legacy Janine and 1 -Medium Water-Horse (What a mouthful..)
Kith

Postby Kith » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:24 am

The Truth Teller wrote:I can verify as male UTIs are still ungodly terrible...

Indeed. They're just less common, is all.

BrinkOfDistruction

Postby BrinkOfDistruction » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:12 am

Who cares what it's made of so long as it looks like jizz and I can use it to shove big things up my ass.
Dicks Dicks everywhere I love dicks.

Return to “Old News”