/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Willow

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Willow » Mon May 21, 2018 3:33 pm

You know, not really into this color but it looked eerily* similar. I'm like "where have a seen this before." My srambled brains make odd connections.

I have no idea why or how I remember that. I didn't stay in NOLA that long... but that's what I see with this coloration. In any case, I was never interested in Bumble, and I don't even use my Sugarstar now. She doesn't feel nearly as good as my other toys.

*seems like those same debate on the spelling. Firefox's spell checker doesn't like like errily and other people say eerily is misspelled. Double "e" looks more correct to me.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Mon May 21, 2018 5:32 pm

Hoss wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:
Hoss wrote:I will comment on two things only. I didn't make that first toy (and while it totally looks Luna inspired I think it actually is coincidence) and that parfait style was one of the original attempts for parfait. The pink for Strawberry was preferred at the shop so that was chosen instead.

I also will say this: the guy who made parfait has made lots of other really cool things. Some make their way to inventory and some get snagged as show pieces for when the shop has visitors. He's a really talented guy :widesmile: (I work closely with him so we cause fun trouble some times)

Ooo more dessert color trivia! I love it :misc2: :widesmile: Interesting to hear other colors beyond pink were considered.
Also, was this the same guy responsible for some of the stuff in the Show Me Your Toy Legends thread? :widesmile:

He made the black and white Rex with the red highlight and the blue/pink/magenta Bumblehooves in the picture with megatron Chance. If I went through all the "Show Me" threads I bet I could find more... but that's a lot of threads and pages go dive into :crying:

I remember that Rex! Gorgeous pour.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
reine

Postby reine » Tue May 22, 2018 10:35 am

Okay, I'm beyond angry. :angry: :misc5:

So I ordered a Legacy Mary from BD on Amazon, right? The product image and measurements shown were both for the Legacy version. I was super excited for my Legacy Mary, and couldn't wait to get her in the mail today!

BUT guess what they sent me? The new Mary! This is not at all what I paid $145 USD + $26 USD shipping for, and not what was advertised. I hate the new Mary and specifically ordered through Amazon because they had what appeared to be the Legacy version. Someone else on the forums ordered a Mary from Amazon recently, and was sent the Legacy version.

I just flushed $240 CAD down the fucking drain. I'm absolutely livid right now. I paid a ton of cash for what ended up being false advertising. I want to cry. :crying:

I sent in a ticket, and left a seller review on Amazon to say that the profuct I was sent was not the one shown. I don't know if BD can help me at all, but... I guess this is a PSA that the Mary on Amazon is not the Legacy version in the picture, at least. Don't buy from Amazon if you want the old Mary.

It's still in the bag, so I'll probably return it. Emailed Amazon about a refund.

Update: Got a response from BD's CS. They can't do anything because "we don't offer the legacy at all anymore", but they did say they'd look into updating the Amazon page with the correct photos and measurements. :unamused: Better than a kick in the teeth, but I'm still mad that the company would just... flat-out lie like that. Hopefully the page updates so nobody else has the same problem I did.

I don't think I'm buying from BD anymore after my current order ships...
:psyduck:
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue May 22, 2018 11:36 am

reine wrote:Update: Got a response from BD's CS. They can't do anything because "we don't offer the legacy at all anymore", but they did say they'd look into updating the Amazon page with the correct photos and measurements. :unamused: Better than a kick in the teeth, but I'm still mad that the company would just... flat-out lie like that. Hopefully the page updates so nobody else has the same problem I did.

So very sad to hear that happened to you =-(. Hopefully you'll be able to resell for what you paid because Mary's unopened.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
reine

Postby reine » Tue May 22, 2018 11:39 am

Fae Fantase wrote:
reine wrote:Update: Got a response from BD's CS. They can't do anything because "we don't offer the legacy at all anymore", but they did say they'd look into updating the Amazon page with the correct photos and measurements. :unamused: Better than a kick in the teeth, but I'm still mad that the company would just... flat-out lie like that. Hopefully the page updates so nobody else has the same problem I did.

So very sad to hear that happened to you =-(. Hopefully you'll be able to resell for what you paid because she is unopened.

She was $145 USD, which is the old penetrable price- $50 more than they cost on BD's site now. :( I'm definitely going to resell her- maybe for the model's $95 base price, as she's unopened- but I hope Amazon can give me a refund. I've heard they're good about refunding incorrect/damaged items, and this is... definitely an incorrect item, ugh.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue May 22, 2018 11:42 am

reine wrote:She was $145 USD, which is the old penetrable price- $50 more than they cost now. :( I'm definitely going to resell her- maybe for the model's $95 base price, as she's unopened- but I hope Amazon can give me a refund. I've heard they're good about refunding incorrect/damaged items, and this is... definitely an incorrect item, ugh.

Ouch :doh: ! I hope they can fix it for you! Not sure why they'd charge more on the Amazon storefront.
reine

Postby reine » Tue May 22, 2018 11:43 am

Fae Fantase wrote:Ouch :doh: ! I hope they can fix it for you! Not sure why they'd charge more on the Amazon storefront.

Thanks! I hope so, too. The other penetrables BD is selling on Amazon (Sugar Star and Janine) are also the old $145 USD price. :psyduck: Not sure why.

Update: Got an email from Amazon- I'm getting a full refund! Still upset that I didn't get the Legacy Mary I really wanted, but at least I'm getting all of my money back.
Kreature

Postby Kreature » Tue May 22, 2018 1:17 pm

Willow wrote:You know, not really into this color but it looked eerily* similar. I'm like "where have a seen this before." My srambled brains make odd connections.

I have no idea why or how I remember that. I didn't stay in NOLA that long... but that's what I see with this coloration. In any case, I was never interested in Bumble, and I don't even use my Sugarstar now. She doesn't feel nearly as good as my other toys.

*seems like those same debate on the spelling. Firefox's spell checker doesn't like like errily and other people say eerily is misspelled. Double "e" looks more correct to me.

Oh...my...gosh. Now everytime I see bumblehooves in signature color, I'm going to see LSU. :bugeyed: Being a Louisiana resident, I have no idea how I didn't make that connection.
| Female | 21 | Polysexual | Newbie Dick Collector | Sergal Lover | Shy & Introverted | Bookworm | Dino/Dragon Fan | Major Daydreamer |

Currently trying to start my own toybox. And figuring out a place to hide it... :bugeyed:

Must haves: Mini Ika, mini Austin, small Tyson, mini Roland, mini Bumblehooves, small Bumblehooves, small Trent, mini Rex, small Rex, small Chance unflared, small Duke, small Razor
Every single dessert-themed design. :smile:
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue May 22, 2018 7:36 pm

I guess BD is doing/did a contest on a reddit page called public gone wild. No BD toys needed in the gifs/photos. Does that mean fantasy toys are mainstream now?
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Tue May 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Fae Fantase wrote:I guess BD is doing/did a contest on a reddit page called public gone wild. No BD toys needed in the gifs/photos. Does that mean fantasy toys are mainstream now?

i dont think this applies but kinda?

I think the funniest BD reference i have seen/heard was the Horse Cock song from the BD album (cant remember its name) that got recommended on a twitch stream i watch. I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the response of the streamer and chat. Oh did i want to comment.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
IggyZen

Postby IggyZen » Tue May 22, 2018 8:58 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
Fae Fantase wrote:I guess BD is doing/did a contest on a reddit page called public gone wild. No BD toys needed in the gifs/photos. Does that mean fantasy toys are mainstream now?

i dont think this applies but kinda?

I think the funniest BD reference i have seen/heard was the Horse Cock song from the BD album (cant remember its name) that got recommended on a twitch stream i watch. I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the response of the streamer and chat. Oh did i want to comment.

"No Cock like Horse Cock" Blast Radius by Pepper Coyote.
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Tue May 22, 2018 9:02 pm

I wouldn't call it mainstream until it hits a big sub or on r/all with positive, serious feedback and not just joke comments.

It's... slowly getting there though. Slowly. People can't raise hell over a dong forever. Plus I'm really impressed an 80k sub took to the contest so smoothly. That's a good sign.

For people curious in which sub: it's r/gwpublic ...very NSFW btw

Enjoy :smile:
Last edited by CakeLurker on Tue May 22, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Tue May 22, 2018 9:16 pm

CakeLurker wrote:

I wouldn't call it mainstream until it hits a big sub or on r/all with positive, serious feedback and not just joke comments.

It's... slowly getting there though. Slowly. People can't raise hell over a dong forever. Plus I'm really impressed an 80k sub took to the contest so smoothly. That's a good sign.

For people curious in which sub: it's r/gwpubic ...very NSFW btw

Enjoy :smile:

FYI, you're missing the L in the sub name... :)
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Tue May 22, 2018 9:41 pm

blushingkitten wrote:FYI, you're missing the L in the sub name... :)

OMG SORRY :laugh: didn't catch that. It's fixed now. :laugh:
reine

Postby reine » Wed May 23, 2018 5:24 am

Maybe a weird question, but...

Does anyone know how common it is to find unused toys for secondhand sale? I'm assuming "New in bag" is very rare, since most people unbag their toys on reception, but I know some people unbag their toys and then realize they're too big/not the right specs/etc. and sell them unused.

I don't care if someone's put their hands/mouth on a toy, but I don't know if I can get my brain over the idea of buying something that's been used by a stranger's junk, even if it is totally clean and sterilized. :doh: More power to those who aren't fussy like me, though. :stick:

After the Amazon fiasco, I'm gonna try to go secondhand for my legacy Mary, but I'm not sure if "nobody's stuck their dick in this" is an impossible search (even if it takes a few months). Sent one last email to the BD Amazon seller to ask if they've got any legacies tucked away in their stock, but I don't have my hopes up...
The Pegasus

Postby The Pegasus » Wed May 23, 2018 12:08 pm

Amazon ships from more than one warehouse. It is possible that there is/are a stock of Legacy Marys in one or more of their other warehouses. Whether Amazon would be willing to check their other warehouses I wouldn't know. Perhaps the warehouse that shipped the Legacy Mary I received (in north Texas) might still have one or more Legacy Marys in stock. Typically Amazon goes the extra mile for customer service. You might contact them and ask if the warehouse that fulfills orders for northeast Texas has one in stock. I apologize as I feel partially responsible for you ordering and having your hopes dashed by this mistake. Namaste'

~"Love truth and pardon error." – Voltaire~
Bulbasaur

Postby Bulbasaur » Wed May 23, 2018 7:33 pm

reine wrote:Maybe a weird question, but...

Does anyone know how common it is to find unused toys for secondhand sale? I'm assuming "New in bag" is very rare, since most people unbag their toys on reception, but I know some people unbag their toys and then realize they're too big/not the right specs/etc. and sell them unused.

I don't care if someone's put their hands/mouth on a toy, but I don't know if I can get my brain over the idea of buying something that's been used by a stranger's junk, even if it is totally clean and sterilized. :doh: More power to those who aren't fussy like me, though. :stick:

After the Amazon fiasco, I'm gonna try to go secondhand for my legacy Mary, but I'm not sure if "nobody's stuck their dick in this" is an impossible search (even if it takes a few months). Sent one last email to the BD Amazon seller to ask if they've got any legacies tucked away in their stock, but I don't have my hopes up...

New in bag is not rare, but new in bag and 3+ years old will be :unamused:
reine

Postby reine » Wed May 23, 2018 7:39 pm

Thanks for the info! I asked BD via Amazon if they know if they have any Legacies left in their Amazon stock, but I can also try contacting Amazon about my order to see if they might be able to track one down for me. I did get a refund for my order, but I'd be happy to pay again if they managed to find a Legacy in stock!

Bulbasaur wrote:New in bag is not rare, but new in bag and 3+ years old will be :unamused:

Oof, yeah, I'm definitely not expecting "new in bag" for a retired model lol. :stick: I don't care if the toy has been opened and handled as long as it hasn't been, well, used. Like I said, I don't care if someone's done stuff orally or with their fingers to a toy, I'm just kinda... mentally wigged out by the "someone fucked this" idea, haha. :misc6: :psyduck: Especially penetrables, since the creases inside can be hard to clean thoroughly...

I've seen a few toys go up for sale that are out of the bag, but have never been used because the owner didn't like the colour/model/firmness, got the same model in a better colour, or just never got around to trying it.

The legacy Mary was retired last year, but was orderable for a few months afterwards... so it's not a super rare item like the Wallaby, at least.
nibbles70

Postby nibbles70 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:35 pm

reminds me of when I entertained the idea of buying the original WoW CE... it was available, but prices for ones with unredeemed codes get increasingly high and more and more rare. Best of luck on your search tho!

Looking at the cross sections, legacy Mary looks at least easier to clean the internal nooks/crannies than Jt, Duke and Natascha, just ridges.

Is the center canal large enough to thread a strip of bleach solution soaked fabric thru both directions and then follow with serial run of bleach bath, rinse then boil, then scrub, then boil then bleach bath + rinse enough for squick sterilization? I get it if not, but even sterile surgical instruments usually only get scrub for gross (obvious/large, not icky gross, its pretty much a given that its icky if it was used in surgey!) debris, run in the ultrasonic cleaner, water rinse/dry +/- lubrication milk for 2pc+instruments then run thru autoclave or gas sterilizer.
Girth is GOOD
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:33 am

Man....I'm really missing Dragon Hoard....its been down quite a few days now and I'm really bummed about it! Also feel bad for anyone who was in the middle of selling or buying anything that got cut off from one another. I hope it comes back soon or someone makes another one for us!
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends

Return to “General Discussion”