Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
blushingkitten

Re: Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Postby blushingkitten » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:30 am

lizardbreath wrote:huh!
TTC is coming out with a version of Fck buddies crock!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/525748994/crocodile-dildo-choose-your-colors?ref=shop_home_active_12

TTC's

ummmm..... I'll be order from Fck Buddies
I'd rather the original person gets my $

Huh. Where did you see this? I've checked Tumblr and Twitter and didn't see them posting about this?
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:57 am

blushingkitten wrote:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/525748994/crocodile-dildo-choose-your-colors?ref=shop_home_active_12

TTC's

Huh. Where did you see this? I've checked Tumblr and Twitter and didn't see them posting about this?

The discord chat
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:02 am

lizardbreath wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:

TTC's

The discord chat

Which one?

I think I like FckBuddies stuff to look at, and they're wonderfully made and so cute! But for me, I struggle to imagine how much I would use any of them... Like the unicorn and caterpillar are soooo cute, but they each have things that I think, for me, would make toying with them uncomfortable. :(
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:20 am

blushingkitten wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:

The discord chat

Which one?

I think I like FckBuddies stuff to look at, and they're wonderfully made and so cute! But for me, I struggle to imagine how much I would use any of them... Like the unicorn and caterpillar are soooo cute, but they each have things that I think, for me, would make toying with them uncomfortable. :(

It was posted in the silicone summoning circle chat over the summer.
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:36 pm

Heeey, TTC's got an inventory sale going on for the first days of October! 15% off inventory with the code until the end of Monday. Lots of pretty stuff showing up in there, including what I thiiiink might be some attempts on someone's custom?

ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
Villie

Postby Villie » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
Chibity wrote:Heeey, TTC's got an inventory sale going on for the first days of October! 15% off inventory with the code until the end of Monday. Lots of pretty stuff showing up in there, including what I thiiiink might be some attempts on someone's custom?

I saw that. if he wasn't soft i probably would have gotten one :nomnom:
of course their soft is a bit firmer than Bd, correct?
I might wait to see what they have for halloween or even wait until black friday. Boy, that's coming up fast...

Yup! Their soft is a 4
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:27 pm

Villie wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
Chibity wrote:Heeey, TTC's got an inventory sale going on for the first days of October! 15% off inventory with the code until the end of Monday. Lots of pretty stuff showing up in there, including what I thiiiink might be some attempts on someone's custom?

I saw that. if he wasn't soft i probably would have gotten one :nomnom:
of course their soft is a bit firmer than Bd, correct?
I might wait to see what they have for halloween or even wait until black friday. Boy, that's coming up fast...

Yup! Their soft is a 4

That's mine. :) Neapoliton ice cream cake xD
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:29 pm

griffin-morgenstern wrote:Looks like XCA will soon be entering in thebusiness of sleeves, for those interested!

I like the outside of the sleeve for sure. I'm a little nervous with it being their first penetrable... surely it takes a few iterations to figure out good designs. But I like XCA so I'm thinking of preordering one in super soft :widesmile:
Penetrables comparison: here
Fugletid

Postby Fugletid » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:17 am

vixenvega wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:The discord chat

Which one?

They said at the time that they had been developing it independently and weren't thrilled with the prospect of releasing something that could end up so similar. Hopefully, they should be able to have significantly different shapes and textures? idk lol, it is a bit of a sticky situation - at least it's not too late to change the details at this stage...
I do toy sculpts! Sculptor of the XCA Spadix and base concept for the PFC Elva. Oh and also needlefelt! <3

Selling: Not much right now, but a bunch of M-sized chest binders!

PM me about joining the fantasy toy discord! We're friendly and low-drama! :widesmile:
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:17 am

Fugletid wrote:
vixenvega wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:
Which one?

They said at the time that they had been developing it independently and weren't thrilled with the prospect of releasing something that could end up so similar. Hopefully, they should be able to have significantly different shapes and textures? idk lol, it is a bit of a sticky situation - at least it's not too late to change the details at this stage...

I think you’re talking about the kuduvoodoo potion bottles.
fck buddied croc has been out for a while now :smilenox:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:06 am

ya

that's the kuduvoodoo bottles they posted on twitter about on the 17th
Kudu‏ @Kudu_Voodoo Sep 17

We've been quietly chugging along with some magical ideas for the past two months. Soon, we will have all the potions you desire lovelies.❤

(I really want those :bugeyed: )

then TTC posted these also on twitter

they later tweeted that KV had them in the works longer
yeah...............

there was a whole thing on twitter about it
Pretzal queen!!
[
Villie

Postby Villie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:19 am

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Personally I think the bottles are different enough?
One you insert the top, the other the top is the base. So *shrug*
As for the crock/dragon face, They look like they have different enough faces (crock is concave on top and bottom, TTC juts out instead).

There are SO many people making stuff things are bound to cross over. I don't care of two companies have the same concept idea, as long as they are different enough in design and use (like the bottles). It's like saying because one company has a horse cock, nobody else can have one.

And the "X person was developing it longer" is like??? How do you know? Who posted it first? Did the other person even SEE the first one? Is it still copying when the second person never even knew the first one existed in the first place?

It's not like the FB thing where it was posted on their forums and even talked about. or the geeky sextoys thing who made a legit actual copy of Ika.

To me, it's like, "alright, if I don't like company A's horse cock, I can get company B's horsecock". It's the same idea, different shape/execution.

That's just me, though. So damn tired of the constant policing in this hobby. Yeah, legit actual copying happens, but this is just like... :unamused:

My feelings exaaaactly!!

I want more companies to experiment with dif concepts, like if one company makes a crocodile head dildo, I don't think that means no one else is allowed to make a reptile head dildo, as long as the design is different enough!
Which I feel they look way different from each other.

Same with the bottles! I think if one company decides to make a toy shaped like a bottle or potion or whatever, that doesn't mean no other company is allow3d to make a bottle shaped one too :stick:

As long as no one is copying each others shapes and design aesthetic. Really, the only similarity I saw was just what the toy was. Reptile head. Potion bottle. Nothing else about shape or design

Just my two cents haha :nerdy:
PM me! Image
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:20 am

sooo... I'm going to stop talking about TTC

they have beautiful pours
and the toys have a unique texture

I had a personal interaction that left a really vile taste in my mouth.
(one of their people should NOT do customer service)

even looking at the toys I have bothers me

I am unsettled by what looks like theft of designs from smaller sellers.

I am inclined to think the worst of them when any question of "who did it first" comes up.

also?
my knee fucking HURTS this morning and i have all the cranky in the word :unamused:
Pretzal queen!!
[
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:27 am

lizardbreath wrote:sooo... I'm going to stop talking about TTC

I am inclined to think the worst of them when any question of "who did it first" comes up.

also?
my knee fucking HURTS this morning and i have all the cranky in the word :unamused:

:misc2:
Villie

Postby Villie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:30 am

lizardbreath wrote:sooo... I'm going to stop talking about TTC

also?

I can definitely understand what you're talking about! Def sours a company's image when you have a bad personal experience with them :surprised:

And oh nooo knee pain isnt fun :crying:

Back to a dif topic, I can't stand how cute my EE mini reptilian is.... I haven't gotten the chance to really use it yet, but it's so smaaaaall! I need to check the measurements of the next size up and consider for a future buy

I also think my xenova syn. polyp is so cute too
I guess I gave a thing for widish grabby looking heads haha
PM me! Image
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:36 am

Villie wrote:I can definitely understand what you're talking about! Def sours a company's image when you have a bad personal experience with them :surprised:

Back to a dif topic, I can't stand how cute my EE mini reptilian is.... I haven't gotten the chance to really use it yet, but it's so smaaaaall! I need to check the measurements of the next size up and consider for a future buy

knee pain suuuuuuck

tucker changed my opinion of flat heads :)
reptilian still scares me :bugeyed:

i need to size up my EE trojan. he's so pretty but soo small!
Pretzal queen!!
[
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:39 am

lizardbreath wrote:
Villie wrote:I can definitely understand what you're talking about! Def sours a company's image when you have a bad personal experience with them :surprised:

knee pain suuuuuuck

The Reptilian is one of the few toys to cause me actual pain, even in soft.
Such a shame since blunt heads and bulged shafts usually work so well for me, and it's such an aesthetically pleasing model. :sniffing:
Villie

Postby Villie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:43 am

vixenvega wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:
Villie wrote:Back to a dif topic, I can't stand how cute my EE mini reptilian is.... I haven't gotten the chance to really use it yet, but it's so smaaaaall! I need to check the measurements of the next size up and consider for a future buy

knee pain suuuuuuck

The Reptilian is one of the few toys to cause me actual pain, even in soft.
Such a shame since blunt heads and bulged shafts usually work so well for me, and it's such an aesthetically pleasing model. :sniffing:

Oh noooo that's such a shame :crying:

I hope once I have the time to try out mine, I don't have pain haha
Even if I do, the model is so nice looking that id gladly keep the lol guy anyways
PM me! Image
Fugletid

Postby Fugletid » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:17 am

lizardbreath wrote:I think you’re talking about the kuduvoodoo potion bottles.

Sorry to go back to it! I just wanted to say that no, I meant the snout. The artist talked over the summer about how their business partners had passed the snout design on to them for development, but that the Fck Buddies snout had just come out so they were going to have to do more thinking about the design.

The potion thing is kinda complicated - the circumstances definitely made it obvious from the inside-ish perspective that they were both designed independently and that they both had been working on it. However, some feelings were hurt, which was the big thing, so (as I understand) the artist for TTC tried to preempt things by giving them a shout out so that people wouldn't think that KV had actually copied the design from them, since they had posted an almost finished sculpt of a potion squishy/toy first... but then it seemed to me like it was used as an opportunity to attack TTC, instead. It left a bad taste in my mouth for the opposite reason. :/

I get the impression that Stripe is maybe just not the optimal kind of personality for CS and other outreach, or is just otherwise inexperienced and maybe overly optimistic about ~stuff~?? I myself had kind of a confusing CS experience with TTC, even though we talk pretty regularly. But, I also know that I'm unusually forgiving of blunt Germanic people.

I guess what I'm trying to say is just that, while I don't speak for them by any means and I don't really feel like talking about it further, I don't think there's really any intent from TTC's side, and I wouldn't be surprised if these designs turn out to be a lot different than the sketches (or don't end up happening at all).
I do toy sculpts! Sculptor of the XCA Spadix and base concept for the PFC Elva. Oh and also needlefelt! <3

Selling: Not much right now, but a bunch of M-sized chest binders!

PM me about joining the fantasy toy discord! We're friendly and low-drama! :widesmile:
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:31 am

Fugletid wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:I think you’re talking about the kuduvoodoo potion bottles.

Sorry to go back to it! I just wanted to say that no, I meant the snout. The artist talked over the summer about how their business partners had passed the snout design on to them for development, but that the Fck Buddies snout had just come out so they were going to have to do more thinking about the design.

The potion thing is kinda complicated - the circumstances definitely made it obvious from the inside-ish perspective that they were both designed independently and that they both had been working on it. However, some feelings were hurt, which was the big thing, so (as I understand) the artist for TTC tried to preempt things by giving them a shout out so that people wouldn't think that KV had actually copied the design from them, since they had posted an almost finished sculpt of a potion squishy/toy first... but then it seemed to me like it was used as an opportunity to attack TTC, instead. It left a bad taste in my mouth for the opposite reason. :/

I get the impression that Stripe is maybe just not the optimal kind of personality for CS and other outreach, or is just otherwise inexperienced and maybe overly optimistic about ~stuff~?? I myself had kind of a confusing CS experience with TTC, even though we talk pretty regularly. But, I also know that I'm unusually forgiving of blunt Germanic people.

I guess what I'm trying to say is just that, while I don't speak for them by any means and I don't really feel like talking about it further, I don't think there's really any intent from TTC's side, and I wouldn't be surprised if these designs turn out to be a lot different than the sketches (or don't end up happening at all).

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Hanlon’s razor

I shall keep that in mind
Pretzal queen!!
[

Return to “General Discussion”